Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postage Charges Up Again

I have been informed by my post office that a small item that goes in a bubble envelope that cost round R17-R19 will now cost R25
    I normally charge R25 for this with packaging costs and will now have to charge R30- R35
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

This is most interesting. Why was this increase not shown when the new tariff booklet came out? I must check this with my local PO.
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

as far as i know postage charges goes up once a year normally 1 april.:o
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Well, my insured parcels have gone up R13 PER parcel last week. Where I usually charged R25 (which included envelope, organza bag, fuel charges, etc) I now have to charge R33, and absorb the rest of the charges from my profit. I refuse to charge so much for posting a parcel, but what can I do?
        The postoffice is soooo ripping us off!
        See all jewellery from Asha Craft!

"The purest form of love comes from your children."

Comment

Just back from my post office & they don't know anything about the new cost for econoparcels.. Last time, with the insurance increase, it was about a week before it got to them. I asked them to let me know ASAP if they hear anything as this means I will have to increase postage prices again!
          Last edited by kebs; 24-05-10, 18:16. Reason: Spelling
          I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

it seems like with every post office they charge different prices like they want to. Corruption indeed.

Comment

From the info I have been given, we can't post insured parcels at econoparcel (under 1 kg) rates anymore.

The 1 kg parcel rate applies at a minimum and then insurance is added on top of that.

If the parcel is not insured and under 1 kg, econoparcel rates apply at R18.15 (approximately)
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Yes, Tananka, that is how I see it (and how I have been paying for parcels up till now!) Haven't heard about any changes yet at our local PO so let's hope it's not going to happen.

Comment

Well overnight counter to counter has sky-rocketed. Sent an item weighing just over 1kg about a month ago and it cost R82.00 approximately, sent an item today weighing 1,2kg and it cost R105.00. Feeling really ripped off :(
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Comment

@ Voldermort - my kids in Cape Town sent me a Mother's Day present counter-to-counter overnight and, guess what - it was somehow directed to Durban and only got to me mid-week AFTER Mother's Day. The family is not amused with the PO's overnight service, as you can guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X