Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BoB's Server and our pictures.

    If BoB has a server or servers and they hold all our pictures on them can we delete these pictures off or computers?

    I take it that if we delete these pictures off our computers and BoB servers crash we will lose those pictures.

    The reason for my question is that some of us have small computers when it comes to harddrive space (gigs) and our computers will become sluggish with all the pictures we are filling our harddrives up with.


    VIEW MY ITEMS!



  • #2
    Oh no. Do NOT delete your pictures whatever you do. BoB only keep the pictures for a very limited period. Save them to a CD disc but do not delete them from your life!
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

    Comment


    • #3
      Agreed - if you have issues with storage get your self an external USB harddrive - the smaller ones go for a few hundred bucks.

      Alternatively you can save your pictures online (but then possibly for the world to see) - i.e. http://picasaweb.google.com/home or Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing.

      At BoB we will delete images if they have not accessed in 60 days (meaning that no one looked at your auctions). In the next 4 weeks we will increase this limit to 180 days or longer. If one of our server crashes we have backups and redundancy and images will not be lost because of a crash (unless a nuclear bomb hits Gauteng)
      Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
      Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MacMuffin View Post
        If one of our server crashes we have backups and redundancy and images will not be lost because of a crash (unless a nuclear bomb hits Gauteng)
        That would be a case of "heaven preserve us!" :p
        Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
        Today I am wise and am changing myself.

        Comment


        • #5
          aah ha i just wondered if you were on MacMuffin so thanks for the feedback and you too miss lily. the thing was i by accident clicked on the "browse server " button when i was busy setting up an auction and saw a list of my pictures there. I also thought my DVD writer was broken and i found it to be working so i thought i might try copy all my pictures to disc just in case my pc crashes.

          oh yes i do have a Picasa web album account so that might be another option too.


          VIEW MY ITEMS!


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MacMuffin View Post
            Agreed - if you have issues with storage get your self an external USB harddrive - the smaller ones go for a few hundred bucks.

            Alternatively you can save your pictures online (but then possibly for the world to see) - i.e. http://picasaweb.google.com/home or Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing.

            At BoB we will delete images if they have not accessed in 60 days (meaning that no one looked at your auctions). In the next 4 weeks we will increase this limit to 180 days or longer. If one of our server crashes we have backups and redundancy and images will not be lost because of a crash (unless a nuclear bomb hits Gauteng)
            ...and if I look at my own auction will that help?


            VIEW MY ITEMS!


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wayjen View Post
              ...and if I look at my own auction will that help?
              yes it will, but you have something like 7000 images uploaded on BoB - this will take a while and a rainy weekend ;)
              Last edited by MacMuffin; 09-07-10, 19:28.
              Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
              Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

              Comment


              • #8
                ha ha ha it's not like i am going anywhere.


                VIEW MY ITEMS!


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wayjen View Post
                  ha ha ha it's not like i am going anywhere.
                  BTW - you don't happen to be the "ancient astronaut" at some other forum? (if it doesn't ring a bell, just ignore it)
                  Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
                  Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi MacMuffin,

                    Please do not get Wayne started on his "other" forum, once he starts he does not stop :p
                    bidorbuy Forum Administrator



                    bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
                    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

                    < TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by admin View Post
                      Hi MacMuffin,

                      Please do not get Wayne started on his "other" forum, once he starts he does not stop :p
                      haha - would be funny if he is --- I saw some truly funny video of his a few weeks/month back ;)
                      Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
                      Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MacMuffin View Post
                        BTW - you don't happen to be the "ancient astronaut" at some other forum? (if it doesn't ring a bell, just ignore it)
                        hey thats me whats your handle that side?


                        VIEW MY ITEMS!


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          don't listen to Andries he is a bad seed. :D


                          VIEW MY ITEMS!


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wayjen View Post
                            hey thats me whats your handle that side?
                            uh - now I don't want to give that one away - it's good to have a double-identity and to be a bit schizophrenic ;)
                            Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
                            Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              hmmm a conundrum it seems.


                              VIEW MY ITEMS!


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X