Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is This Just My Computer

    When I open the page on one of my items there are stripes running down the page
    instead of text or pictures--it then corrects itself
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

  • #2
    Hi geewhizz .I am glad You posted here .Exact same problem here. I already starded swopping out parts to try and eliminate the cause.

    Seem like it is just in Bid or buy , pages with images is worse.

    In google pages with images loads fine.

    Lets ear from the other users

    Regards
    Joe

    I buy everything , LOTS of anything....
    Items I have for sale.

    Comment


    • #3
      No problems from my side, what browser are you using? If its old try to update it. If your using IE have a go with Firefox! Hope this can help solve your problem;)
      Jacque31

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jacque31 View Post
        No problems from my side, what browser are you using? If its old try to update it. If your using IE have a go with Firefox! Hope this can help solve your problem;)
        Can you tell this computer illiterate how to load firefox
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi geewhizz.It's very easy just go to Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client and click on download Firefow 3.6 - free. Firefox is not a plugin of anysort, its a different browser all together from Mozzila, but is one of the best there is (if not the best). This is a very good alternative to IE. Give it a try and see how you like it and if it solves your problem. Otherwise try to get the latest IE for your computer.;)
          Jacque31

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jacque31 View Post
            Hi geewhizz.It's very easy just go to Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client and click on download Firefow 3.6 - free. Firefox is not a plugin of anysort, its a different browser all together from Mozzila, but is one of the best there is (if not the best). This is a very good alternative to IE. Give it a try and see how you like it and if it solves your problem. Otherwise try to get the latest IE for your computer.;)
            No done! It has helped but what changed on Bidorbuy to make my computer incompatible all of a sudden? Thanks a ton.
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

            Comment


            • #7
              I have the same problem. I tried to restore my system to a previous checkpoint, but to no avail. I have used IE7 for a very long time now, and never had this problem. Iwill just be patient and let it sort itself out.
              Click on the link to visit my BOB SHOP:
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

              Comment


              • #8
                Now I am being warned that my gmail can be read. Who wants to read my boring emails
                "Your Auction has closed unsuccessfully"" "bid received" etc.
                Well I have nothing to hide:D
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by geewhizz View Post
                  No done! It has helped but what changed on Bidorbuy to make my computer incompatible all of a sudden? Thanks a ton.
                  Glad it helped. It doesn't mean something has changed on BoB, also it can be changes to your own computer. If BoB know anything that was done to the site that can be causing this please enlighten us:p
                  Jacque31

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SUNMASTER View Post
                    Hi geewhizz .I am glad You posted here .Exact same problem here. I already starded swopping out parts to try and eliminate the cause.

                    Seem like it is just in Bid or buy , pages with images is worse.

                    In google pages with images loads fine.

                    Lets ear from the other users

                    Regards
                    Joe
                    I have the same problem :( Using IE 8, updated.

                    Seems I can scroll faster than the pages on bidorbuy load, then the page gets "stuck" for a while and the pictures and text on the page looks like stripes running down the page.
                    Last edited by admin; 22-01-10, 17:13. Reason: Added info
                    bidorbuy Forum Administrator



                    bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
                    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

                    < TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Even happens in my sellers profile on bidorbuy, James HELP ! please. :eek: This pic is from the weekend specials - games.

                      bidorbuy Forum Administrator



                      bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
                      bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

                      < TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by geewhizz View Post
                        Now I am being warned that my gmail can be read. Who wants to read my boring emails
                        "Your Auction has closed unsuccessfully"" "bid received" etc.
                        Well I have nothing to hide:D
                        Who is reading my mail:eek:???
                        VIEW MY ITEMS!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There is a Daddy Long Legs on my computer! Help!
                          VIEW MY ITEMS!

                          If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            When I use firefox these lines disappear but I always log into Bidorbuy with my gmail open. I cannot log out of gmail through firefox
                            Also when I open gmail through firefox a message comes up "You have requested an engrypted page. Information you enter can be read by another party
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well, geewhizz, my problem was similar to yours yesterday and I'm using mozilla and am on telkomsa.net. I couldn't log out of my telkomsa.net email. Two calls to their service centre didn't help, then I PM'd Andries but before he could reply I did something on my own (I still don't know what?) and got it sorted out. Wish I knew what I'd done so I could tell you. Hope you've got your problem sorted now, too.
                              Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                              Today I am wise and am changing myself.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X