Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The blooming Telkom router...

Once again I am having dismal service from Hellkom! I can play a game of solitaire between page down/uploads! Very, very frustrating! Are others on the Telkom adsl service having such delays... This is the 4th time in a week!
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Hi Lily,
    I pay Telkom a monthly rental fee for the adsl line, but have @lantic as my ISP ( Internet Service Provider ). I get excellent service from @lantic, and if anything goes wrong, their technicians assists very quickly.
    I once had my router reset to its factory settings by a Telkom employee, without anybody knowing what happened. @lantic sorted the problem within minutes.
    ISP contracters have different options available on contracts, and you can upgrade your internet cap whenever it is finished. They will also advise you what hardware you can use to make your downloads quicker.
    Click on the link to visit my BOB SHOP:
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

sorry to hear lilythepink.

never had problems here as far as i can remember.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

You seem like someone that uses the internet regularly. Try and do a disk clean-up and defragment on your system. Your computer saves every website that you open to a temporary file folder, and this can slow your system down. You have to do this regularly.
        You can also try to switch your router off and then on again. Give all your little green lights a chance to come on again. Restart your computer after that.
        Click on the link to visit my BOB SHOP:
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Our contract with Hellkom expires in August! Guess who won't be renewing! Thanks for the info, Digitrade! :)

Yes, it is ages since I did a defragment! So will do it. But the problem is intermittent. Service was fine this afternoon.
          Last edited by lilythepink; 05-02-10, 20:13.

Comment

I just remembered something. we had problems with our internet connection and i would have to reset my ethernet hub thingy and sometimes my router until i found it was the wiring/cables coming out the ethernet box and they were making bad connections. After moving them out of the way we have never had that problem again.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Ask Johan at Bob he seems to lose connection when he does a seminar.
              Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

Comment

ha ha ha

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I have defragmented and thought the battle was over. It's definitely the Telkom service - again they tell me the 'station' is being worked on. At the rate they are going, I suspect they are working on the railway station!! lol

I think I shall now retire until the morning! Before I throw something ..!!

Comment

Originally posted by lilythepink View Post
                    I have defragmented and thought the battle was over. It's definitely the Telkom service - again they tell me the 'station' is being worked on. At the rate they are going, I suspect they are working on the railway station!! lol

I think I shall now retire until the morning! Before I throw something at WayJen ..!!
                    Duck Wayjen Duck
                    Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

Comment

*ducks under desk*

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

No, no. I would NEVER throw anything at Wayne (I promise!) or any of my pals on the Forum. But I nearly did throw the computer out the door last night, with Telkom's router destined for the rubbish bin! LOL

Comment

aah! shucks!! ain't she just the sweetest thing??????

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

That's why we love her so much and missed her so much when she was banned for a bit:D:D
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

so true.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                              X