Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old negatives & slides...

I am looking for old negatives and slides.
    Obligatory link to my listings.

Black and white only?
    Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

Any particular "subject"? I've also got a slide projector, but must first find the slides! (Mom's packed them all somewhere...)

My father and his father were avid photographers in the 60's and 70's so we have literally hundreds of slides (somewhere). They were both members of the Rhodesia and SA Camera Club and won several awards for their images. We have no use for the slides ourselves so will ask Mom as soon as she returns this week.
      Click here for great deals!

Comment

anyone want to buy old LP records ?

Comment

had some pictures and wet plates on BoB before that were bought.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by RISadler View Post
            I am looking for old negatives and slides.
            Are you wanting a particular subject? I've recently passed all our slides on to our sons in Cape Town but can PM you with their info if you are desperate! (It will mean the family will HAVE to take a look at all the old pics - ha! ha!)

And what do you call "old" negatives? 60's and 70's old enough?
            Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
            Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by mellowred View Post
              Black and white only?
              Colour and black & white; 35mm, 110 and 120; doesn't matter.

Originally posted by Cali Craft and Gems View Post
              Any particular "subject"?
              Preferably Southern Africa, but basically anything African. Obviously I'll have to filter through a lot of vacation snaps looking for photos of historical significance. (Oom Piet en Tannie Bets standing in front of their now-demolished house is historically significant. As is snaps of the kids playing in the sand at Plett before they over-developed the place.)

Originally posted by lilythepink View Post
              And what do you call "old" negatives? 60's and 70's old enough?
              No timeframe, basically any slides and negatives not wanted anymore. Even last years trip to Namibia would qualify.

I would also appreciate borrowing the negatives and slides (for an extended period), so that I can scan, research and catalogue them.

Comment

Originally posted by Snet View Post
                anyone want to buy old LP records ?
                Not at the moment. I still have a few to digitize. But do put them on auction.
                Last edited by RISadler; 14-04-10, 15:00.

Comment

Oh I love those Oom Piet en Tannie Bets photos. Particularly the whole family together - all dressed up - so serious - and mostly with Pa looking like sergeant major.

We have packs of negatives but just family shots, the only "historical value" ones would be from England.

I'll have a look for old Rhodesia negatives if you like. (?)
                  Items I have for sale.

Comment

One can get a lot of information from "family snaps," like for example the clothes of the era (what was considered formal and informal) or how houses were furnished.

Recommended book on a similar subject is In Small Things Forgotten, by James Deetz.

A big YES! on the Rhodesia pictures.
                    Last edited by RISadler; 14-04-10, 17:04. Reason: Fixed vague sentence construction.

Comment

I have put all my set of 6 Records on Auction , how much do you think they worth. For All 6 , I am starting them at 300.00

Comment

This discussion is actually about photographic slides and negatives, and not about audio LP's. Nonetheless, in that whole dozen there is only one that I might be interested in.

Comment

I opened a thread in the other section if you interested.

Comment

Originally posted by RISadler View Post
                            One can get a lot of information from "family snaps," like for example the clothes of the era (what was considered formal and informal) or how houses were furnished.

Recommended book on a similar subject is In Small Things Forgotten, by James Deetz.

A big YES! on the Rhodesia pictures.
                            Excuse my ignorance, but do you need negatives/slides for quality of the photos?

The reason I'm asking is because if you are able to accept digital prints I have possible access to dozens of Rhodesian photos but I doubt whether the owners would part with negatives.

Would you accept reasonable quality digitals. Obviously most are scanned photos.

Will scratch about for negatives from my stash over the weekend. (You will owe me a dust mask! ;))
                            Items I have for sale.

Comment

RISadler - I've sent you a PM. Have you received it?
                              Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                              Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X