Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dirty Hands!

    I know my own auction pictures are not sometimes of good quality but have a look at this:

    Bracelets & Bangles - BEAUTIFUL BLACK ONYX BRACELET SET IN HALLMARKED 925 SOLID STERLING SILVER for sale in Johannesburg (ID:28814828)
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

    If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

  • #2
    eeeeeeeeeeek not good

    Maybe stained, but then you dont use your hands any way.
    Selective choices allow for selective karma...choose wisely
    Click here to veiw my Items here

    Comment


    • #3
      That is awful, it puts you off from buying the item.

      Comment


      • #4
        oh no, maybe someone should ask a question about this to seller or is this just the way the seller lives
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

        Comment


        • #5
          Have a look at the Q&A, lovely reply from this seller.
          Selective choices allow for selective karma...choose wisely
          Click here to veiw my Items here

          Comment


          • #6
            That would make sense if its the jewelers hands they probably dirty from working with the metals.
            Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

            Comment


            • #7
              When I post china I stuff the sides of the box with newspaper as it would be too expensive to use white paper which I use to wrap the article
              You should see my hands afterwardsbut I do have a good wash and cream when I am done
              Jukkie job
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh My..........Hands.
                Is that so bad?
                I do look after my hands, they feed me and my family.
                I didn't think for a second whenever I see not so pretty hands that their are ugly
                I think, this is a hard working hands.
                They create most unforgeable masterpieces that stay's in history
                for centuries.
                Where this is a jewellery or monuments, fine china or a painting.
                Sometimes we don't even know the name of a person who's hands
                create a beauty that we treasure or simply enjoying see it in many
                places around the world.

                This hands build the best of this world.

                I solute you "Dirty Hands" !!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheJeweller View Post
                  Oh My..........Hands.
                  Is that so bad?
                  I do look after my hands, they feed me and my family.
                  I didn't think for a second whenever I see not so pretty hands that their are ugly
                  I think, this is a hard working hands.
                  They create most unforgeable masterpieces that stay's in history
                  for centuries.
                  Where this is a jewellery or monuments, fine china or a painting.
                  Sometimes we don't even know the name of a person who's hands
                  create a beauty that we treasure or simply enjoying see it in many
                  places around the world.

                  This hands build the best of this world.

                  I solute you "Dirty Hands" !!!
                  This explains it all!
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

                  If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "Well-used" hands are indeed beautiful in their own way - but the initial reaction to seeing hands which appear "dirty" is often distaste. We are so accustomed to seeing hands of "hand-models" used in advertisements that it is slightly shocking to see grime or stains or calluses - and yet, most artist's hands are indeed grimy and/or stained and/or callused.

                    Even though it does appear that the hands are a bit grimy, it could also be a function of the post-production of the photograph - over-sharpened, heightened contrast, increased saturation levels - that make it look the way it does?
                    "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      "Dirty Hands" - I salute you! You certainly have grace which could be passed on to all of us!
                      Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                      Today I am wise and am changing myself.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This reminds me of the story about "The Praying Hands". The dedication of one man, in providing for his family. For years he toiled, also made beautiful things to sell, but sadly his hands were damaged ,scarred and stained , but many people bought his creations, so his brother decided to sketch the hands (of the toiling brother) in order to honour him for his unselfish sacrifices for the family.

                        Even to this day, "The Praying Hands" are depicted on cards, paintings, etc.
                        VIEW MY ITEMS!

                        Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do today

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by meeks View Post
                          This reminds me of the story about "The Praying Hands". The dedication of one man, in providing for his family. For years he toiled, also made beautiful things to sell, but sadly his hands were damaged ,scarred and stained , but many people bought his creations, so his brother decided to sketch the hands (of the toiling brother) in order to honour him for his unselfish sacrifices for the family.

                          Even to this day, "The Praying Hands" are depicted on cards, paintings, etc.
                          Thanks for educating us, meeks - I have often wondered whose hands are in the "praying hands" pictures! Now, if we only knew his name ...
                          Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                          Today I am wise and am changing myself.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lilythepink View Post
                            Thanks for educating us, meeks - I have often wondered whose hands are in the "praying hands" pictures! Now, if we only knew his name ...

                            Apparently, the hands depicted, are the hands of Albert Durer, sketched by his brother.
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

                            Never put off until tomorrow, what you can do today

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X